This page describes what you can expect for yourself and from me. For details of the services I offer, the actual tasks I perform, etc., please visit Services.
What to expect for yourself:
There’s no doubt getting organized makes life easier. Here are some simple benefits that you can expect as a result of being more organized:
- Find things when you need them
- Work more efficiently
- Let go of clutter
- Improved job performance
- Get things done
- Gain time for rest and rejuvenation
- Welcome people into your home
The list could go on and on, but I suspect your desire to get organized and be more productive comes from a deeper sense of pain, frustration and overwhelm. I get it. I do this work so you can be unburdened and empowered. I hope your ultimate benefits will be:
- Peace of mind
- Improved self-esteem
- Greater quality of life
Because each person and each set of circumstances is unique, I can’t tell you exactly how soon you’ll start to experience these benefits, but I can tell you this:
- After one appointment, you will better understand yourself and your situation. You will have specific action steps you can take on your own, or with my support, if you wish to continue working together.
- For the duration of our work together, you will have strategic and logistical help to accomplish your organizing and productivity goals. You will learn habits and skills to sustain the progress you are making. You will gain competence and feel more in control. You will also have a partner who sustains motivation, if yours begins to fade.
- After our work together, you may continue to learn and grow, gaining new insights and self-esteem as you establish new ways of relating to your space, time, paper and possessions.
What to expect from me:
No drama. I’m calm, patient and respect the power of small, non-threatening steps. Getting organized does not require invoking panic attacks!
During every appointment, I bring:
- Sustained focus on working toward your organizing goals
- Creative thinking
As appropriate to the situation, I will offer:
- Collaborative strategic planning and guidance for achieving your goals
- Hands-on help
- Organizational expertise
- Product recommendations
- Resources for donations, discarding, recycling and shredding
- Referrals to other professionals
- Collaboration with members of your support team, such as therapists, counselors, friends, family, etc. (Our work together is strictly confidential. I provide this collaboration only with your explicit permission, and only to the extent you desire.)
With your permission or invitation, I will provide:
- Deeper inquiry about you and your goals
- Alternative perspectives
- Education on relevant topics, which may include:
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management
- Decision-making skills
- Habit change
- Processing styles and learning differences
- The effect of mood disorders on self-management
Curious about the benefits of a more organized life?
Please call 650-733-7050 or email for a no-obligation phone consultation.